April 2005 – present Director of Clinical Systems Roswell Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Staff Development Coordinator– Designed curricula and trained over 300 plus nursing staff annually, developed in-services and education programs, launched 20 bed Vent unit, chest tube management, and TPN therapy in sub-acute and LTC, taught nursing staff the nursing process and knowledge needed to function as a nurse or c.n.a., evaluated learning and clinical performance, use Auditory/Kinesthetic/Visual/Tactile learning modalities to maximize retention and application, trained critical thinking skills, refined problem solving abilities, developed skills in practicing and evaluating ethical behavior, designed and implemented mentor program, translated new policies and procedures into evidence based practice, maintained clinical competence on the floor and filled in as charge nurse as needed. From 2005-2013 state surveys no deficiencies or citations were issued regarding education of staff per state and federal regulations.
- Infection Control Coordinator- (200 residents/350 staff members) Designed and implemented infection control color coded infection control monitoring and tracking program, monitored all infectious diseases, infections, infectious organisms per state and federal regulation standards, Train all staff on blood borne pathogens, modes of transmission, management and cleaning protocols. Designed a holistic protocol to cure an 18 month scabies outbreak that local hospitals, Fulton County Health Department, and other Long Term Care facilities in Georgia adopted. Ensured all staff and residents screened for TB per state regulations, offered Flu vaccine and Hepatitis B vaccination program. Facilitated IDT Infection Control Meeting. From 2005-2013 no deficiencies or citations were issued regarding the modalities of Infection Control that my department managed.
- New Hire HR- Performed interviewing process for nurses, supervisors and nursing assistants. Performed all state, facility and federal checks and balances prior to employment and upon hire. Perform drug screening per policy, set wages, processes all applications for all departments. Educated new hires on all policies and procedures applicable to facility, state and federal regulations. From 2006-2013 no deficiencies or citations were issued during state survey. Assisted in hiring 100 to 150 employees yearly.
- Staffing- (December 2011 – April 2013) Supervisor to staffing coordinator, assisted to set and approve schedules for over 200 nursing staff monthly, PTO, LOA, FMLA. Supervised temporary LPN educator and c.n.a. shower team in 2011-2012.
- Assistant to DON-Heather Scalo former D.O.N. 2011 to June 2012.
May 1999- present Board Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist/NLP Trainer Mental Potential LLC
- Train children, adults and professionals persuasive communication, body language techniques, rapport skills, designed curricula and train undergrad/graduate NLP Certification. (2000+) classroom presentation hours
- Implemented NLP learning strategy in SCAD, Southern Polytechnic College, Emory, and Fulton County Charter Schools.
- Design marketing tools, website designs, CD’s, HR manuals, training modules for startup corporations.
- Board Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist- implementing plan of care for pain reduction, RSD, ADD, cancer, allergies, phobias, hospice, accelerated learning, wound healing, immune system stimulation, and to increase quality of life. Clinical Case Manager for high end clients working with MD/hospital/home health.
September 1998- May 1999 RN Dr. Bordeaux MD OB/GYN Practice
- Triage, assessment, patient education, prenatal visits, OB/GYN procedures and performed follow up on all labs and procedures.
June 1996- 1999 RN Educator and Clinical Nurse Self Employed
- Professional consult and liaison for private patients to use multiple modalities. IV, Enteral Feeding and Pain Mgt.
- Educational Support/NLP training upon referral from MD/Chiropractic/ School systems
- Individual Education Plan Advocate: Negotiate new IEP plan of action for clients, train teachers on new styles of learning for student.
June 1991- June 1999 RN Adult Educational Trainer Creative Parenting, Inc.
- Early Childhood Educator through the Georgia Department of Human Resources.
- Performed interactive seminars for day care centers, churches, private schools to meet Dept. of Human Resources guidelines for requirements of mandatory yearly in-service requirements.
- Trained families on anger management, conflict resolution, home management, customer service
- Designed curricula, pre and post tests
March 1992- May 1993 RN Staff Nurse (2 months) QA/Case Manager/ Utilization Review (1 yr) ABC Home Health (Closed)
- Performed Utilization Review and Quality assurance for large caseload to meet company and Medicare requirements
- Scheduled nurses and c.n.a. for home visits
- Preceptor for new RN, LPN and C.N.A. employees
- Set up all modalities for home health (PT, OT, Speech)
- Case Management for billing and skilled documentation audits per Medicare, Medicaid, insurance requirements
March 1990 – June 1992 RN Certified Childbirth Educator Better Birth Foundation
- Designed and taught 6-week class on Childbirth preparation, breastfeeding, and newborn care.
- Trained couples using hypnosis and relaxation techniques using breathing patterns, touch therapy and music.
May 1989- February 1992 RN Perinatal Monitoring Nurse HealthDyne (Closed)
- Triaged and monitored high-risk perinatal clients around the USA via home monitoring computer technology.
- Preceptor for new employee orientation
- Redesigned employee handbook and orientation manual to accelerated learning and usability
December 1987 to June 1989 RN Supervisor/Counselor Teen Clinics Dekalb County Health Dept.
- Interviewed, trained, supervised and mentored all staff at four satellite teen clinics
- Performed all lab testing, patient education, documentation and CQI processes.
- Utilization Review of charts at all clinic sites
October 1987 – December 1987 Traveling Adult Health Nurse CompuHealth (Closed)
- Performed physical exams on adults including vision and hearing screening, lab draw, EKG, mammogram, pap smears.
- Followed up on all abnormal results and performed Continuous Quality Improvement
- Created educational handouts for Health and Wellness (Topics- Diabetes management, High Blood Pressure, Weight management, Nutritious Eating, Nutritious Living.)
June 1986 – June 1987 ICU/Labor and Delivery Nurse Grady Memorial Hospital
- Supervisor for 3-11 shift high risk Labor and Delivery (40%) of time
- ICU/Charge nurse in labor and delivery (60%) of time: Started and managed IV, Ventilators, TPN, wounds.
- 11,000 babies born between 1986-1987
- Any woman pregnant came to Labor and Delivery and did not get processed through the ER.
- Type wpm 50+, proficient in Word, Power Point, Excel, Publisher.
- Point Click Care and Point Of Care Trainer: TPN Trainer, Ventilator Trainer, GIP Hospice Train the Trainer,
- IV Certified (Pharmerica 2006) Healthcare BLS: expires 4/2016.
- Skills Trained: IV insertion and management of PICC, peripheral, Subcutaneous/Infiltrate IV, Central line, jugular line, Port management, Trach management, Enteral feeding and ostomy management, O2 management, Medication regulations and Med pass techniques, Ventilator management, Infection Control, OSHA regulations, Legal documentation, C.N.A. CEU in-services, Medicare and Rehab Documentation, Customer service, Communication strategies, Stress management, End of Life, Hospice care, General Inpatient Hospice (GIP), Risk Management, Workman comp, Abuse Prevention, Resident Rights, CPR refresher, Code Blue refresher course.
- Staff Writer, DayCare Atlanta Magazine, 1991- 1995
- Boy Scouts of America Roundtable District Commissioner (6/1997- 7/1999)
- Boy Scouts of American Scoutmaster, May 1999- present
- Cub Scouts Cub Master of 78 plus boys 9/1995 – 2004
- Lead writer, Godonthenet.net 2001- 2003 (Health and Wellness Director)
- National ADDA: named one of the top 100 ADD experts in 1999
- Medical Advisory Board of CHADD North Fulton/North Georgia Fall 2001-2003
- PTA Chairman, Dolvin Elementary, Fulton County 2001-2002
- National Spokesperson Children Hunger Relief Fund 2001-2002
- National Trainer for Infinite Faith, Inc (Hypnosis- pain relief)
- Volunteer Trainer: Train the Trainer Champion Within 2003- 2005
- 2014 CDC CRE Collaborative Committee member (4 month project)
- Nationally Accredited NLP Trainer: University of Coaching, Minneapolis, MN, May 2003
- Certified Hypnotherapist: University of Coaching National Guild of Hypnotist, May 2003
- Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist: American Council of Hypnotist Examiner, December 1999
- Clinical Hypnotherapy Certification: Impact Learning Centers, Lawrenceville, Ga May 1999
- Certified Human Performance Engineering Trainer: Mindsight International, May 1999
- Certified Early Childhood Educator: Georgia Department of Human Resources, June 1991
- Certified Childbirth Educator: Better Birth Foundation/ Georgia Nursing Association, March 1992
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Emory University School of Nursing, May 1986
- BLS/CPR certified (Expires 4/2016)
- RN080912- expires 1/31/2016